Thursday, December 20, 2012

SNOW DAY!!

Pretty cute little reindeer if you ask me
Snow days:  One of the glorious perks of being a teacher.  I know there are naysayers out there who mock us for being a bunch of 'wusses.'  But is one day of school (and let's be honest, today was a bunch of partying and movie watching) worth hundreds of little ones standing at bus stops in blizzard-like conditions, a school bus full of teenagers sliding off the road, or dozens of cars ending up in ditches?  I didn't think so.  Therefore, all of us in education will revel in this beautiful snow day and you naysayers will not bring us down. 

Yeah, I'm going to need that pillow...in about 2 seconds.
You know what's even more fun than having a snow day?  Having a buddy to spend it with!  Today was Eli's very first snow day...ever.  I taught him how to sleep in, stay in your pjs all day long, have hot chocolate and a cookie for breakfast, snuggle by the fire, play lots and lots of peek-a-boo, nap like it's going out of style, and visit some friends in the middle of the afternoon simply because we. can.  We also did things like clean the kitchen, do the laundry and sanitize bottles but that's hardly important. 
Reindeer on my feet, penguin on my head...ready to head to Genny's house!

As have the last 6 months of my life, this Christmas season has seemed like a blur.  We have enjoyed lots and lots of family time, snuggle time, and a little shopping time.  However, as of this morning I had not finished wrapping gifts or otherwise prepared to leave for our holiday traveling that starts in 36 hours.  I really didn't want to leave school tomorrow stressed about getting everyone and everything ready to go to Topeka for 6 days...and now, because of this glorious snow, I am ready to travel and have even managed to squeeze in a blog post. 
Merry Christmas everyone!
Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas.  Lots of love to our friends and family here, there, and everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment