Friday, October 3, 2014

And I'm Back

Blogger tells me that this page had 203 page views last month.  Seriously? Who are you? And why do you keep coming back?  I haven't posted in over 6 months, yet you're still checking.  That level of loyalty makes me blush.  Your behaviors are now being reinforced as I have returned from the quiet.  You can thank this return to a Friday morning in which the top half of my To Do list has been completed and the bottom half is being avoided. 
I assume those 203 hopeful checks were looking for updates on Eli so we'll start there.

A conversation with Eli:
Me:  Eli, today is Sunday!  What does that mean?
E:  We go church Sunday.
Me: That's right.  What will you do at church?
E:  Eat snack.  Play backetball.
Me: Who will you learn about at church?
E: Gee-sus (it's all about the pronunciation)
Me: That's right! 
E: Um, Sunday.  Ewi go church.  Play backetball WITH Gee-sus.

(I told this story to some 8th grade students.  One boy looked at me and with all seriousness informed me that the sport of basketball had not been invented when Jesus was on Earth.  I told him he was welcome to debate that with my two year old. :)

Eli's rendition:
Happy birfday today.  Happy birfday today.
Sweet boy told me 'Happy birfday mama' every day for at least 6 days.  Maybe he'll teach his daddy that birthdays can (and should be) celebrated for weeks or even months at a time :)

Eli sitting in time out while we play with friends:
E: Go talk Miss Shannon?
Me: You can talk to Miss Shannon when time out is over.
E: Noooo (shaking head), mama go talk Miss Shannon.
Translation:  Mom, when you talk to Shannon, I get away with more. Oy -we'll chalk that one up to some great critical thinking skills.

As to not bite off more than I can chew,  I'll leave you with that.  Maybe next time I'll tell you about how I want to start a 2nd blog.  Bahahaha. 





1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Also, that little boy of yours is adorable and I love your style of writing so please write away!

    ReplyDelete