Sunday, February 26, 2012

The First One

Word on the street is this is what you do when you're starting a family. I LOVE reading other people's blogs, but just haven't been convinced that other people would love reading my blog. However, now that our family is soon to have another member, I'm sure the baby will be much more interesting to read about than just Ryan and me.....so here I go.

As most of you probably know, Ryan and I are expecting our first little bundle of joy in July. July 11, 2012 to be exact. We feel blessed beyond belief that God has chosen us to take care of one of His children. Not sure we know what we're doing, but we sure are excited to try!




I am a little over 20 weeks - officially half way and feeling great! We have had one sonogram and we have a very active and healthy baby. In fact, the baby has been described as an 'active little one' multiple times, but the doctor promises me that doesn't necessarily mean we will have a crazy, active child. I'll believe it when I see it. At the sonogram we got to see the arms, legs, hands, feet, spine (no spina bifida!), heart (all 4 chambers!), and the face (no cleft palette!). And, yes, the sex of this little one still remains a secret. Be patient!


For those who care about this sort of thing (ladies), I am still wearing my normal clothes - with a Bella Band. I have 1 pair of jeans that still button, but the rest are being held up with that nifty piece of black spandex. I have received A LOT of maternity clothes from some very generous friends and thought I'd try a pair of maternity jeans this weekend. At first I thought they were great - very roomy! However, after about 5 minutes of walking around the house and about losing my drawers, I decided I'm not quite there yet. Maybe in a few weeks.

I have done oodles of research on strollers and carseats (thanks to those who have offered advice - if I haven't picked your brain yet, please feel free to leave your opinion in the comments section!). I am currently leaning towards a Chicco car seat and either a Britax or City-Mini stroller. Opinions? I have also started thinking about the nursery, but won't be doing too much as we will (hopefully) be moving shortly after the baby arrives....that update will come in a later post.

Other than that we are working on finding daycare (yes, I will be going back to work) and have found a wonderful in-home daycare. We are just waiting to hear if she will have an available spot. Keeping our fingers crossed!

Well, there it is. My first official post. Hopefully it won't be my last. I do respond well to feedback - so if you tell me you're actually reading this, I'm more likely to post. Otherwise I'll begin to believe I'm just writing my life story to cyber-space and I'll give up :) Happy Monday everyone!

9 comments:

  1. I happen to be one of the proud grandparents of this gift from God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thrilled you're going to do a blog! Babe looks like a darling baby!
    Grandma Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your next post doesn't reveal the sex of the baby I will boycott your blog! :) I love reading blogs too. I wish I had known of these way back when Owen was a baby. I hate scrapbooking but love having a recollection of our lives--especially the stuff that doesn't seem meaningful at the time. The everyday things are the best to go back and read about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!! I am SOOOO thrilled for you!!! That is wonderful news! YAY GOD! Love you friend! XOXOXOX,faith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelli,
    we were just thinking of you all the other night!!we are so excited for the both of you! we think of you all often and wish we were closer! We do miss everyone! the sex of your baby a secret to everyone or you all as well?? Annette and I didn't find out the sex until kason was born. we wanted it to be a surprise and what a surprise it was!! It was hard but well worth it. :)Are you sending Ryan out for late night snacks or weird cravings?? So glad everything is going well and we will keep you in our prayers! Thanks again for writing this blog.Take care!!
    Tevin

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you! I can't wait for the many play-dates to come. You'll have to bring lil' one out to show off your horse riding and ranger driving skills when it gets old enough. I promise I won't let Trey eat it:)
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the updates! We are so excited for you and Ryan. I have been thinking about you and the little one, glad to hear everything is going well. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Because I am technically challenged I have not been able to enter my comments in your blog eventhough I have tried twice. So I will try again and seek help to get it published.
    We are so very pleased and happy for you and Ryan. As always you have our very best wishes and support.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deeeeeear Telli,

    Yipppeeeeee! You must continue blogging. Since you don't tweet, you really owe us at least the occasional blog post.

    You're failed new year's date,


    e-learn (or e-ghat)

    ReplyDelete