Monday, March 5, 2012

Elastic is My New Best Friend

Thursday - March 1, 2012 - The day I discovered maternity pants. Or, as I like to call them, Khaki sweat pants. Is this what pajama jeans are like? If so, I shouldn't have been so judgmental when they first came out. But I digress.

As I mentioned before, I have had many generous friends donate their maternity clothes to my closet. Last Thursday I decided it was time to break out the maternity pants for work. Best decision ever. Not only do they fit around my blossoming belly without falling down, they are the perfect amount of stretchy without being clingy. And, they are cute. I've decided that all clothing designers should take a lesson from maternity clothes. My fear is that I will want to continue to wear them long after the baby arrives, but for now I will enjoy the new found comfort of my khaki sweat pants.

Here they are- the first public belly pics @ 2 mos, 3 mos, 4 mos, and 5 mos.



Another development in the Grieves casa is, just that, a casa! R and I are currently negotiating with a builder to hopefully build us a house this summer! We started the home search back in January and found a house that we fell in love with. We actually put an offer in on the house, but got cold feet and backed out. It has since sold to another lucky family. After returning to the Manhattan housing market, we quickly realized there are not a whole lot of options that meet our requests and our budget. At that point we decided to contact the builder of the original house and ask him to build one just like it for us! We have met with him and have found a piece of land that we like. Now we just need to get the price negotiated and we'll be good to go! The idea of building has always overwhelmed me, but this is different. He is essentially going to build us the same home with a few changes here and there. That is much less overwhelming than having to start from scratch. As a family who struggles to decide what's for dinner, building a house from the ground up sounds like an unfathomable task. Tweaking an already designed house, however, much more doable!


Thanks again for reading. And, until next time, I'll go back to wondering if those weird feelings in my stomach are the baby moving or my stomach muscles twitching. I'll keep you posted.


2 comments:

  1. I love the Grieves family blog! Good call on maternity pants. I'm sure you're much comfier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dad would be so proud of you for building a new home - it was not fun for the Pecks to live in the mess while they remodeled. Good luck and take care. Love you. Tina

    ReplyDelete