Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Big Reveal

Ryan and I found out on Valentine's Day whether we were having a boy or a girl. At that time we wanted to keep it a secret, though I knew it was only a matter of time before we would want to spill the beans. For those of you who have been [im]patiently waiting, that time has come! Luckily some of our family members were up for a K-State basketball game and we were able to surprise them with the news.

Blue or Pink envelope - which would you choose?



Grandma Peej had a tough deliberation, but decided on blue. I think she's still convinced she saw male anatomy on the sonogram. It took Ryan quite a bit of arguing to convince Jane the anatomy she was seeing was actually the umbilical cord. Even though it was the size of the baby's leg, she wasn't so sure.








Grandma Connie chose pink. You see she's only raised a girl (unless you count the years of bossing around her brothers which my uncles might argue wasn't the most pleasant of experiences).








Final count - 5 blues and 1 pink.



And the verdict is.....





Yep that's right. In July, Ryan and I will be the proud parents of a sweet, precious baby boy. Yippee!!!











10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Now that everyone knows, I can shop in public for boy things...so much more fun than "gender-neutral"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats on the little man!! I know you will be an amazing mom to that little boy. I am so excited for you, and I'm really glad that Michelle mentioned your blog on hers, otherwise, I might never have found your blog :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay yay yay yay!!! I am SOOO excited for the little man I might even purchase a little K-State ball cap :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great! Now you just need two more after this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dedra- I'm up for that as long as mine turn out as great as yours!!

      Delete
  6. So excited to hear the news. Can't wait to meet the little guy! BJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. WE are so happy for you and the whole family. We are anxious to meet the little guy! Love you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Kelli - your mom shared your blog link with me, and I am so excited for you and Ryan! Congratulations! It sounds like things are going smoothly for you. Hope they continue that way!
    Kay (and Greg) Simmons

    P.S. I've been told by some of the younger moms at work that the best strollers ever are the British made ones called Maclaren - www.maclarenbaby.com. They are a bit more pricey than some but I've been told they really hold up well (I.e., they last through several kids!)

    ReplyDelete