Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What a Difference a Year Makes

A year ago we were enjoying football season footloose and fancy free.

A year later our picture looks a little different :)


We feel very blessed to have made such wonderful friends in college and to still be so close today.  We have all been there for the boyfriends, the breakups, the engagements, the weddings, the heartache, the career decisions, the moves and now the babies :)  Pretty excited for our boys to grow up together....and will keep waiting patiently for there to be a little one in Kara's arms too.

I have also loved every minute of becoming a mom right along side one of my best friends. 
Emily and me waaaay back in the day :)
 For those of you who don't know, one of my college roommates, Emily and I met up for lunch over Christmas break so I could surprise her with the news that I was pregnant.  Turns out I wasn't the only one who was surprised when she responded with 'Me too!'  (I will point out that Ryan had totally predicted this was going to happen.  Good call babe).  Since then there have been lots of phone calls, a great joint baby shower, and finally a visit so our little boys could meet.  Eli and Dean are 5 days apart and already the best of friends.  Can't wait for these two little boys to grow up together too.  What a fun stage of life we are in!


No comments:

Post a Comment