Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

I love being a mom.
I love my mom.
I love my mother-in-law.
That's a lot of love.

This weekend was a celebration of some of the most important people in my life.  Though you've undoubtedly seen dozens of updates, tweets and posts from other people about how great their mothers and children are, I'm here to tell you mine are the best.  My mom has been my best friend for 30 years, my mother-in-law loves me like one of her own, and Eli has brought more joy to our family than I can describe.  I am so thankful that God has blessed me with the opportunity to be a mom and to learn from the best.

Because I am spoiled rotten, my boys didn't just give me a Mother's Day, but we celebrated all weekend.  Saturday I started the day with a 7:30 hair appointment (if you're up anyway...why not get your hair done??).  I am a few months shy of 30 and this was the very first time I have ever colored my hair. Ever.  Unless you count chlorine, which I don't.  Next up was a run at Anneberg Park with both of my boys.  I'm currently training for a 10K and Ryan has joined in for a couple of the long runs.  I love the company.  The rest of the day was spent hanging out with the little man, working in the yard (I love being outside - I don't care why) and getting to see my parents and their dear friends.  Such a wonderful, wonderful day.

Sunday was just as great as Eli, Ryan and I got to celebrate with the women who have taught us what real mothers are made of.  Connie, Jane and Marge we don't know what we'd do without you.

Lots of mama love today and every day!



1 comment:

  1. Great pictures of your adorable family! Proud of you for posting more. Keep them coming. Love reading it!

    ReplyDelete