Monday, April 23, 2012

Kansas Relays

17 feet in the air - can you imagine??
On Friday, R, Baby G and I headed east to watch my cousin compete in the pole vault at the Kansas Relays.  It was a gorgeous day for a track meet and I was SO excited to see my family.  (Almost) the whole crew from Texas was up along with the Lawrence, Topeka and Manhattan clans.  We got to see some great competitors on the field and on the track.  Afterwards we stuffed our faces, told a few stories and laughed a lot.  Baby G even got to open some presents.  He LOVES his new dog and pjs, but he doesn't get to read his Jayhawk book until mom and dad have annotated it.  To all my Wildcats out there - don't worry - my aunt and uncle tried to brainwash me too.  Didn't work last time and it won't work this time.  They are persistent though :)

On Saturday Baby G, Grandma and I started off our morning with a workout in the pool.  For those of you who don't know - my mom swam a mile almost every day of her pregnancy with me.  Including the day I was born.  And you wonder why I love the water?!?  I really want to swim through my pregnancy too, and it was a pretty cool feeling to have all three of us sharing a lane on Saturday morning.  Swimming is going to quickly become my favorite workout because it is the one thing I can do and not feel like Baby G is jumping on my bladder.  He likes it too - the flip turns are his favorite :)  If R won't let me do backflips on the trampoline while I'm pregnant, I'm at least going to let the baby enjoy a few flip turns!
Aunt Kate and Aunt Kat

The love of my life

Saturday afternoon we returned to the Relays for another beautiful afternoon.  There were quite a few professionals running on Saturday and I'm excited to see which ones will be running on my TV during the Olympics this summer!  We ended the day hanging out with gma and gpa and enjoying my dad's homemade cherry crisp.  Yum!  All in all it was a pretty good weekend - so good that Sunday will get it's own separate post. 

Until then....

1 comment: