Friday, May 11, 2012

Single Digits

Holy moly, we're down to single digits.  I have passed the 31 week mark and am closing in on 9 months pretty darn quickly.  My summer countdown is also in the single digits....hallelujah!!  Kids have 8 more days.  Those are the days I count.  Yes, I have a few more after that, but if I can wear shorts, a t-shirt and no make-up to work than I don't have to count those as 'real' days. 

Ryan and I are going on our 6th weekend in a row being out of town.  Here's what we've been up to over the last few weeks...


My dear friend Emily and I are due 2 days apart.  It has been such a wonderful blessing to walk through this crazy pregnancy adventure with such a great friend.  A few weeks ago mutual friends (sorority sisters/college roommates/etc) threw us a joint shower.  The idea was a little overwhelming but it turned out great!  In case you're interested in this idea....we held Emily's shower from 9:30-11:30 and my shower from 10:30-12:30.  Emily's guests arrived, we opened gifts and celebrated Emily and Baby B for an hour.  Then for the overlapping time from 10:30-11:30, her guests stayed, my guests arrived and we all ate and mingled.  At the end of meet and mingle time her guests departed and we spent the last hour spoiling Baby G.  One set of invitations, one set of decorations, one house cleaning, a whole lot of food for two showers.  Talk about efficiency....that's how my friends do business:)
Missing a few, but still a great group.  I love these people!
Mamas, babies and our wonderful hostesses.

Aunt Katelyn continues to spoil him.  Have you ever seen shoes cuter than this?!?

Fast forward to the next weekend....the husb and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary.  That's right #5.  It fell on a Friday - the same day we got married.  About 9 months ago Ryan had started to plan a tropical get-away for our 5th anniversary....know what we did instead??  Organized the nursery and ate our hearts out at Olive Garden.  This sweet baby boy is well worth the sacrifice.  Maybe a tropical vacay next year?  With a 9 month old??

Baby G and I were also spoiled by my co-workers this week.  They threw a surprise shower and took care of lots of the basics we had yet to purchase.  The highlight of the shower was a 'baby' made by another teacher.  This 'baby' is made out of a onesie, stuffed animal and bib.  He is stuffed with receiving blankets, wash clothes, onesies, towels and more.  How clever is that??





We're not slowing down any time soon, so I'll make sure to keep you updated.  In the meantime, here is a little update on what Baby G is up to these days.  He is constantly moving and causing more and more discomfort.  Nothing too awful, but enough. 

How far along: 31 weeks

Size of Baby G:  16 inches, about 2.5 lbs (My pregancy app says he'll triple in weight in the next 8 weeks....awesome.)
Body changes: As much as I HATE to admit this, tying my shoes is getting a little uncomfortable. I can still do it though!

Sleep: Some nights are better than others, but I'm still getting my nine hours of sleep....that's right, I said nine.
Best moment this week:  Celebrating my 5th wedding anniversary with my very best friend in the world.

Movement: Constant.  Ryan has determined our baby has two past times:  jumping on his trampoline (my bladder) and swinging on his monkey bars (my ribs). 
Food Cravings:  I don't really crave anything strange, I just let myself eat the stuff I rarely let myself have pre-pregnancy. Currently that would be ice cream. :)

What I miss:  Moving at my normal speed and sleeping on my stomach. 
Milestones: Due date is 2 months away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment