Thursday, June 7, 2012

SUMMER IS HERE!

Summer makes me happy more than any other time of year.  I love the sun, the water, the free time, the little cutie-patooties in swimming suits, the heat (yes, the heat), my hubby's shortened hours, and everything else really.  I cannot think of a single thing I do not love about summer. 

I have come to the end of my first week of summer, and my very first week of summer as a 'stay at home.'  (R says until we have a kid I'm not a 'stay-at-home mom' just a 'stay-at-home').  Don't be confused, I have not permanently become a stay-at-home; it's just for the summer.  This is my first summer not coaching swim team, teaching swimming lessons or taking grad classes.  I hardly know what to do with myself.  Don't get me wrong, I love having free time to do what I want, when I want, but I do not like being bored and I do not handle nothingness very well.  So, here's what I've been up to...

- Morning Yoga at Orange Sky Yoga studio - this is the closest thing I've found to the amazing Jennifer Shelton in Overland Park.  (If you live in Johnson County and haven't taken one of Jennifer's yoga classes you are missing out.  Big time).
- Lap swimming at City Park Pool-  Have I mentioned how much I love being in the water?  Yeah, I thought so.  These days, this is the one thing I can do and kinda, sorta forget that I'm a million months pregnant. 
- Organizing/finishing Baby G's nursery.  Our glider came yesterday and it is beautiful!  I had no idea how real it would become when we simply added a chair to a room.  However, every time I walk by I get a little giddy that I will soon be sitting in that chair with our little man. 
- Target - ahh, Target.  Most days I love you.  Yesterday I hated you, but only because I was there to buy all of the things I will need post-labor.  And by post-labor I don't mean cutesie baby things. 
- Food - I love having the time to search for new recipes and the time to wander aimlessly around the grocery store until I find the random ingredients I need.  (Or 10 extra minutes to figure out how to work the containers in the bulk food aisle.)  This week I made Bravo's Meditteranean Pasta (my favorite), Unforked's "Hale the Kale" salad (success!!) and "Kale Chips" (failure).  The hubby made some uh-mazing steaks too.  And I mean uh-mazing.  Next week I will be making homemade granola and maybe some Funfetti cookies.  Yum yum.
- Blogs - aside from my friends' blogs which I stalk daily....here are my new found loves.  http://www.styleberryblog.com/ and http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/  Ali, at gimmesomeoven, is going to be the inspiration for every recipe I try this summer. 
- Photography - I am bound and determined to learn how to use my camera in manual mode.  Still working on this one. 

Finally, this weekend I will spend most of my time at TPAC in rehearsal or performing in The Dance Factory's dance recital.  That's right - it's an alumni reunion and 110 of us will be gracing the stage...and dancing.  That will certainly get its own post.  Because it is, of course, Baby G's first (and, according to his dad, only) dance recital!

If you're lucky I'll come back and add pictures.  In the meantime, here are this weeks stats:

How far along: 35 weeks
Size of Baby G:  A honeydew (a giant honeydew, if you ask me) 
Body changes:  I dunno... I try not to think about it. 
Sleep: No complaints!
Best moment this week:  Ryan getting to see and feel Baby G 'stick out' of my stomach.  Not just jump or kick, but 'stick out.'  So weird!
Movement: See 'Best moment.'
Food Cravings:  Slush and ice water.
What I miss:  Wearing a two-piece.  Ha!
Milestones: Nursery is pretty much done (will get the bumper and crib skirt this weekend!)

No comments:

Post a Comment