Friday, June 22, 2012

Survival Kits

In honor of Mother's and Father's Day, the grandparents received a 'survival kit' to prepare for Baby G.  Of course, some of these items were inspired by Pinterest (what isn't these days??) but they were put together just for Baby G's grandmas and grandpas.

Baby G is very, very lucky to have two grandmas who love him so much.  He is not even here yet, but they love him and spoil him just like veteran grandmas.  They seem to be naturals!  They both giggle like little girls when we talk about his arrival.  I am so excited for these two wonderful ladies to be a huge part of my little boy's life.


Grandma Survival Kit:
- Diapers
- Wipes
- Burp Cloths
- Receiving blanket
- Lotion and Body Wash
- Wash rag
- CD (Baby's First Hymns and Lullabyes by Jim Brickman)
- Aspirin (for Grandma....but that probably should have been in Grandpa's kit)

Have you ever seen a grandpa more prepared to tackle feeding, burping, bathing and diaper changing?  Baby G is equally lucky to have these two men in his life.  They will be excellent role models for him.  I couldn't pick two better grandpas to teach my son all about being a boy and growing up to be a man just like them. 














Grandpa Diaper Duty Kit:
- Rubber Gloves
- Mask
- Clothes Pin
- Tongs
- PeePee TeePee
- Diapers
- Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Bib
- Burp Cloth 
- Wash Rag
- Johnson & Johnson Travel Kit (soap, lotion, powder, booty cream)


*****
This week's update:

How far along: 37 weeks
Size of Baby G:  "He's not a real big baby,"  said my OB-GYN. 
Body changesStarting to feel some more Braxton Hicks contractions every once in a while.
Sleep: Peachy.
Best moment this week: Spending time with my hubby.  I kind of like him. 
Movement: I think he's running out of room because he's starting to slow down a little bit. 
Food Cravings:  Slush...nothing new there.
What I miss: Being able to do yoga (and tying my shoes) without my belly getting in the way.
Milestones:  Baby is still head down and I'm dilated to about 1.5 cm.  Oh boy. 




3 comments:

  1. Great idea for the kits! Sounds like you have 4 baby-sitters ready for duty. Take them up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy the reality is about to set in. Baby G is going to be lucky to have two loving parents who I'm sure will raise him to be a fine young man, not to mention a die hard Wildcat. EMAW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable grandparents gift! Must remember. :)

    ReplyDelete